The good news is ... Peter inherited a piano a few years ago and it's finally in our living room. The bad news ... We rented a one ton truck on Saturday to drive and get the piano. In itself that was a big expense as the piano was about 100 km away. In addition, the tires on the truck were terrible. It could not handle the snow well at all, and on Saturday morning the roads were still snow-covered in some areas. So ... we got to Sussex and back fine, but could not back into our driveway because of the bad tires. Peter drove up the driveway and backed around to the front door to unload the piano. When it came time to drive out of the driveway, the truck wasn't going anywhere. A friend who was there with his truck said we could just hook a chain onto the rental and he'd "unstick" it. Which is just what we did. However, in the process of hooking the cable onto the frame of the truck, we inadvertently hooked the brake line. So ... no brakes ... on a one tonne truck. I was not ok with Peter trying to drive it back to the rental place (or a mechanic) with no brakes, although some of the guys suggested it. We called around to try and find a brake line, but at 5 o'clock on Saturday afternoon it's a little tough to find an open auto parts store. If we had kept the truck an extra day it would have cost an extra $70 on top of the repair bill, so instead we called the rental company to come tow it and fix it. Now all that's left is to wait for the bill ... ugh. I had a mini (ok, maybe a full-fledged) breakdown when Peter told me about the brake line, but after cooling off for a while I realized that there were things to be thankful for even in this. The biggest thing is that this happened now, and not a few years ago when we rented cube vans to move. At the time we were in school and no way could we have afforded the extra bill, but now, although it's not fun we have the money to cover it.
On to happier things. On Sunday I managed to get a few of the main areas in the house tidied up and got halfway caught up on laundry. Yay! We were only home for a few hours in the afternoon between church stuff, so I thought I got quite a bit done, considering.
Last night was stitchy night at Katie's. I worked on Village Skaters and was introduced to the show Heros. I'm not sure what I think. I think it's probably one of those shows you have to watch from the beginning. Kind of like our favourite - 24! I'm loving this season. I did fall asleep during it again last night - I just can't keep my eyes open. I seem to be going through a phase of not sleeping well. I never had problems before I was pregnant, but now I just can't get comfortable. Maybe because I am a die-hard stomach sleeper!
Today I had a major breakthrough at work and finally get to start on something new after being stalled on this one thing for a long time. Needless to say it will be much easier to come to work tomorrow morning :)
Baby update - I have it on my list tonight to finally take a belly picture. If I actually do it I'll post it sometime. I've been able to feel Baby M's movements much more regularly over the past week. It's so cool. I got in the tub on Sunday afternoon and s/he went absolutely crazy! I just can't wait for Peter to be able to see / feel the movements. I got my 'meet 'n greet' appointment with our obstetrician booked for next Wednesday. According to Eleni, he'll probably give us the information on the hospital tour and prenatal classes, so I'm looking forward to getting started on that stuff. Plus, we'll get to hear M's heartbeat again :)
Tonight is date night. My night to plan. Peter's picking up some pizza from Greco as I type. I think we'll go for a (short) cross-country ski if it's not too cold. It would be nice to get out in the snow. Then we'll probably have some hot chocolate and watch American Idol - pretty lame, but we enjoy watching the audition shows. I lose interest after they've picked the top 10 and I know my favourite.
No comments:
Post a Comment