Sunday, August 12, 2007

More relaxation ...

What an awesome summer we've been having! The past two summers we've spent lots of time working on the house. Perhaps we should still be doing that, but we've been spending almost every weekend at friends' and families' cottages. The weather has been so wonderful this summer. This past weekend we were at a friend's cottage for Saturday and Sunday with our worship team friends. Nathan did really well while we were away. He slept through with our 11 o'clock feed until after 7 in the morning. I really hope this routine sticks for a while.

On Saturday we played in the water and went both tubing and skiing. So much fun! My poor muscles aren't used to being used this much. It's very good for me, though. Today our worship team played at the church near the lake we were at. The pastor there was my pastor growing up, so it was neat to see him again. We headed back to the cottage for the afternoon, did some more swimming and chatting, then headed home after supper. My washer and dryer are humming away (I can't wait for a clothesline!) getting cleaned up from the weekend.

This week looks pretty busy for us. Peter has a couple of meetings at the church and our anniversary is coming up so we'll be celebrating that.

Village Skaters is coming along nicely. I see no reason why it won't be completed and on my wall for this winter season. I already have two projects finished that need to be framed, so this will make it three unless I hurry up and start framing!

Well, I should stop typing and start stitching, since it seems like the little man is going to stay asleep.

No comments: