Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas is coming ...

My mom has a Christmas record with a song containing these lyrics:

Christmas is coming
Christmas is coming

There's a magic feeling in the air
It seems like everyone's aware
That soon it's going to be a holiday
The party lights are being strung
The mistletoe is being hung
Christmas is on its way!
You can hear the sleigh bells ring
Keeping rhythm with the carols that the children sing
So it's for sure each girl and boy
 Is wishing for their favourite toy
While Santa's busy loading up his sleigh
They're getting ready for the day (date?)
When everyone will celebrate
Christmas is on its way!

I have been looking for this song (I think it's by 'Little Marcy' - whoever that is) for years off and on!  And, of course, today it's stuck in my head.  (ETA: Here's a link with a picture of the album!) It's definitely how I'm feeling this year - Christmas is coming whether I'm ready for it or not!  I just found out today that they Christmas tree lot is opening today, so hopefully we can pick that up tomorrow night before the Christmas parade.  Decorating it will wait until the weekend.

I'm feeling like the end of my internship is so close and yet I still have a fair amount to do.  And, as usual, I'm finding it hard to concentrate in the month before Christmas.  With kids around it's so much fun leading up to Christmas because they are so excited.  I can't wait to share traditions with them - they already remember from year to year that we have pancakes for breakfast Christmas morning.  Christmas Eve service, advent wreaths, appetizers Christmas Eve, waking up early Christmas morning ... to me, those traditions are more exciting than the gifts.  They would disagree, of course, which is okay ;)

No real change on the weight loss front.  I've been exercising 3 - 4 times a week and eating reasonably.  I was getting discouraged with the lack of big changes on the scale, but when I looked at my weight from mid-October, I'm down another 5.6 lbs in 6 weeks, so that's not too bad at this point!  Now to stay out of the Christmas baking ;)

No comments: