Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fresh Start

So, at work we are constantly telling people that there's no shame in making a fresh start when they've fallen off the budgeting bandwagon.  However, in my heart of hearts, I'm not sure I really believe that.  Sometimes I feel like I 'make a fresh start' so often in my own life (interestingly enough, not with my budget - we've been consistent with that for over two years) that it becomes kind of a joke.  How many times can I really say 'I'm going to quit drinking Diet Coke' or 'I'm going to reach my goal of being 125 lbs' or 'I'm going to do my personal devotions each day' until I stop believing myself because I've started and failed so many times?

Now at my highest ever non-pregnancy weight, I've decided to enlist some outside help.  I just signed up for Simply for Life (http://www.simplyforlife.com/main.html).  I honestly don't know a lot about their diet philosophy other than it involves a weekly discussion with a coach / nutritionist and they will plan my menus for it.  Oh yeah, and that many of my friends have had success on this plan and seem to love it.  It seems reasonable - lots of lean protein and fresh produce - so I'm giving it a shot.  The other part to it is that it's expensive!!  Over $200 for the first month, and just over $100 a month after that.  And you have to sign up for 6 months at a time. I'm hoping the money I'm spending will act as extra motivation.

I sent in my completed questionnaire and payment information today.  I'm expecting to be up and running by early next week (although they are S-L-O-W at SFL!  If I become a long-time client I will let them know I almost backed out because of how unprofessional the whole sign-up process was).

Of course, knowing that this is probably my last weekend of 'freedom,' I'm eating so much junk!  I know it doesn't make sense but I'm not really interested in fighting it at the moment.

Time for (hopefully) my last fresh start!



No comments: